February 17, 2015

Passion for Learning & Sharing

I suppose from appearances my roles in education, specifically on my school level, could be classified as follows:
  • classroom teacher
  • department chair
  • faculty trainer
  • mentor
  • education leader

The one big piece I see missing from the above list is learner.  As I classify my roles I see things quite differently:
  • self-motivated learner
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SFEILYmsnIM/TS1GqbX4tVI/AAAAAAAAABs/HipaVzznEtc/s1600/istock_000005194673-learn.gif
  • community member
  • learning network member
  • collaborator
  • classroom teacher
  • department chair
  • edtech trainer
  • mentor
  • technology coach
  • education leader

It is obvious to me that I am a learner first. If was not a learner first, I would not be able to fulfill any of my other perceived roles as an educator.  Surprisingly I was never much of a reader until I got involved in online learning communities in 2008. My involvement in learning communities along with developing my personal learning network has stretched me beyond my wildest dream. As I got more comfortable with my learning I began to share on Twitter, Scoop.it and most recently Google+.  My personal reading time increased exponentially over the years.  I end most days reviewing my Zite and Feedly feeds. 

Learning and sharing keeps me current while making me a better educator. My students and peers also benefit from my online learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...